Lately I have created quite a few scrapbook layouts. Those who know me well, understand that I like to be creatively challenged, & when I have a look in the gallery on Studio Calico & Citrus Twist Kits I always get inspired by all those one page layouts that look so much fun to create.
are just two girls that I love to follow for scrapbooking & they make it look so simple. Yeah right, that 12x12 page stares right back at you if you don't have a plan. Here are 5 ideas that work for me.
1. Sketch your plan, & draw roughly how you want your layout to look.
2. In regards to above, plan your direction of the layout, so mine below is growing up the page in the middle, perhaps you would go across the middle of the page.
3. Neutral paper as the background works best, in my opinion, it will not take away from your photo, & lets be honest that's why you scrapbook in the first place. Am I right.
4. Look at the colours in your photo & use those but try to stick to just three.
5. Use only one large embellishment in your layout.
The biggest tip is & I say it a lot I know. Less
The 'Park Play' layout that I completed above would have to be my favourite layout I have created to date, & I was delighted to see it was popular in the Studio Calico Gallery too, totally chuffed about that, thank you lovely people who inspire me to keep going. That's inspiration right there I think, when others confirm that what you create works.
This layout above is called 'S for Sisters', another creative layout completed last week, I was on a roll with ideas & I went with it, even adding to the layout the following day.
Below is Project Life Week 15 & I used the
, it's beautiful to work with & full of pastel colours, my go to at the moment, well this week anyway.
I hope I'm inspiring you as much as you guys inspire me.